The Illinois State website for driving regulations and guidelines provides comprehensive information, and it can be overwhelming. Below, we’ve listed some of the most important among those resources.
Resources from the Illinois Secretary of State Office and more …
DRIVER’S EDUCATION COURSE COMPLETION CHECK
Find the Illinois State Driver Services Home page HERE.
Instruction permit requirements for Teens HERE
Find Teen Driver Safety Information HERE
Illinois 50 Hours of Practice Driving Log
Illinois RULES OF THE ROAD
Drivers’ Education Student Application Log-in page HERE
Other Important Pages …
Distracted Driving Safety Information from NHTSA HERE
Safety considerations for driving at night HERE
Our schedule of courses HERE
Requirements for students who have already enrolled in a High School Driver’s Education Class Room Program, but would like to complete Behind-the-Wheel training with REDD Driving School:
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- Must provide proof that they are enrolled or have completed an approved 30-hour high school driver’s education classroom program.
- Provide proof that the student has passed at least 8-classes over the last 2-semesters.
- Have a photo I.D.
- Fill out a Secretary of State Permit Form.
- Have a parent or guardian sign a “Parental Contract” allowing the student to take “Behind-The-Wheel” training.
- Pay a minimum deposit of $150 ( Total course fee is $300.00).
- After the above requirements are met, REDD Driving School will provide the student with the Secretary of State Permit Form
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TAKE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU WHEN TAKING YOUR STUDENT FOR THEIR PERMIT TEST AT THE SECRETARY OF STATE DRIVER’S FACILITY:
- $20.00 fee for permit (paid to the Sec. of State)
- Certified Birth Certificate / Valid Passport / I.N.S. Documentation
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Address
- School I.D. or Illinois I.D. (if you have one)
- Blue Permit Form from classroom instructor (signed by the instructor and parent/guardian)